Twitter on Friday rolled out Twitter Polls service which will allow users to conduct polls on their profiles.
The microblogging site was testing the service since late September but officially launched it on Friday.
- Social media’s misinformation battle: No winners, so far
- Twitter poll on for users to choose this year’s #HappyDiwali emoji
- Twitter ramps up fight against fake profiles before US midterm
- To repair reputation, Twitter, Facebook incur investor wrath
- For ‘abuse,’ Twitter blocks handle claiming to poll, work with govt
- Twitter to allow users to create polls in a bid to improve user engagement
Soon after Twitter made the announcement, the first few polls were created by Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) and and All India Bakchod (@AllIndiaBakchod) and many news, sports channels etc.
Twitter polls will allow users to run polls on their profile. The poll will allow users to ask a question with two choices as answers from their Compose Box, and will remain open for 24 hours, the company said.