Twitter is reportedly planning to buy live streaming app Periscope. As reported by TechCrunch, a possible “$ 100 million” deal is in talks.
Periscope is a live streaming app, in beta stage, which could be used to stream and broadcast videos on Twitter, similar to that of Meerkat.
- Twitter’s streaming app Periscope to reward online stars, broadcasters through virtual payments scheme
- Twitter to let advertisers buy video ads on Periscope
- Twitter unveils 360-degree video streaming for Periscope
- Twitter won’t Periscope its quarterly earnings next week
- Twitter rolls out Periscope Live button on iOS app for select users
- Twitter’s Periscope for live-streaming now on Android phones
With the booming smartphone market and the reach of Android and iOS platforms, there is an upsurge in this social media and smartphone app mergers and acquisitions. Apparently, Facebook and Twitter are said to be more prominent players in this race where Facebook has already acquired Instagram and more recently and popularly WhatsApp. While, Twitter acquired Vine and which almost got into a deal to acquire SoundCloud.