Truecaller has launched its Truemessenger service for Android phones, an SMS replacement app that helps keep out spam messages from a user’s phone, exclusively in India. To justify its stress on the spam filter, the company said SMS accounts for 15 per cent of all SMS messages sent globally.
The key features of Truemessenger are:
1) The ability to put a name to a number, even for contacts outside your phonebook.
2) Users can detect, block, and report spam alongside other Truecaller members.
3) The option to avoid messages from unwanted numbers and contacts.
4) spam messages are magically sent to a separate folder.
5) Add advanced filtering options by creating customised filters with known spam keywords or number series (area codes or country codes).
Alan Mamedi, CEO & co-founder of Truecaller, said in a press statement, “With Truemessenger we’ve reimagined the SMS app experience by making it more social and putting control back into the users’ hands so they always know who they are communicating with.”
Truecaller has partnered with DJ Avicii and his manager Ash Pournouri to create a special message alert tone and soundtrack for the Truemessenger promotional film.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines