Ola on Friday introduced a separate online wallet, Ola Money for mobile recharge and money transfers. The independant app will also allow users to make cashless payments to several other brands.
Ola has said that Ola Money is one of the largest wallets in the country with highest average wallet size and will be available to over 40 million online and offline users. The company in August had announced partnership with OYO Rooms, Saavn, Lenskart, Zo Rooms, TinyOwl etc.
- Ola’s total income rises by Rs 570 cr, losses by Rs 1750 cr
- Now Ola users can book a ride, make payments from MobiKwik app
- ‘Nearly four-fold dip in registration of new app-based cabs last fiscal’
- Ola launches services in Melbourne
- Ola to offer in-trip insurance to riders
- Ola acquires transport ticketing and commuting app Ridlr
“The launch of the Ola Money app is a big step towards simplifying payments for users across a wide range of products and services they use everyday. We continue to add more merchants and build many more use cases with Ola Money, making it a seamless experience for users,” Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-founder & CEO, Ola said.
Ola Money app does not require additional credintials for users who already have Ola cab app. Also, the money in the Ola cab app can be used to make online payments through Ola Money.
Ola will soon roll out provisions for utility bill payments across online and offline merchants and leading payment gateways through the app. The Ola Money app is currently available for Android only and is available on Google Play Store for download.