Line, the popular messaging platform has introduced a new Android app, Line Lite, which has an installation size of less than 1MB and yet includes most of the prominent features.
- Uber Lite app announced which is just 5MB, will go live in India first
- Amazon Kindle Lite Android app launched in India: How to download and install
- Facebook Lite app to launch in developed countries, including US
- Facebook Messenger Lite on Android gets a video calling feature: Here’s how it works
- Twitter tests lightweight Android app in the Philippines
- LinkedIn Lite Android App launched in India
Line Lite is a lightweight version of Lite app and is aimed at emerging markets like Algeria, Cambodia, Colombia, Egypt, India, Mexico, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Korea and Vietnam. Line Lite is siad to utilize less storage space and also use less data for communication. With Line Lite, users can text, send stickers nad share images. Line plans to bring audio and video calling features to Line Lite in the near future.
Line currently has an install base of over 205 million monthly users in 230 countries and regions around the world. With Lite app, Line promises to deliver rich communication to users in regions with poor network infrastructure or those using lower-end smartphones.
Earlier Facebook had also introduced a Lite version of its popular app. With Lite app, Line aims to provide users with better satisfaction and also improve its user base in the merging markets. The Lite version of app will only be available on Android for now.