Google has redesigned it’s Play Store, which focuses on sections and sub-section as the new method of navigation. According to Android Central, the update has been rolled out for a few devices and others may receive the same soon.
Google has re-organized the categories and sub-categories to make it more user-friendly.
- Google’s $5.1 billion fine by the European Union on Android: Here’s why it happened
- Google Neighbourly app review: This is your friendly neighbourhood app
- Google Account settings updated for more transparency, better control
- Android P: Here’s how to activate the new navigation gestures on Pixel 2 XL
- Google Assistant has six new voices: Here’s how you can get them on your phone
- Google Play Store ‘My apps’ revamp adds Updates tab, makes sorting easier
The company has updated the Apps and Games section with Top Charts, Games, Categories, Editor’s Choice as it’s sub-sections. Similarly, the Entertainment section has Movies & TV, Music, Books and Newsstand as sub-sections. The scrolling tabs in the sub-sections have been replaced by large size colored buttons for better readability and visual appeal.
That’s not all, the update also shows apps compatible with Android Wear separately. A watch-like icon will appear when you click on the “Read More” section, which will take you to a list of apps compatible with Android Wear. This is similar to Apple’s App store which shows all the apps that offer an app for its Watch.