Are you a Bollywood movie buff and want to know about the Kapoors or the Bachchans? Google India has come up with a new and exciting way of answering your queries on films, actors, song lyrics, trivia, trailers, screening times and more with contextual answers.
The latest addition in the search engine’s operation was highlighted at an event attended by film director Karan Johar, Google India’s Marketing Head Sapna Chadha and Search Product Manager Satyajeet Salgar here on Thursday.
- Google’s new travel tools already know what you did next summer
- Thugs of Hindostan: Aamir Khan’s character to come alive on Google Maps
- Google Assistant to answer Airtel’s customer-related queries: Here’s how it works
- Google Pixel 3 review: The best camera smartphone of 2018
- Google’s ‘helpful’ Pixel 3 phones could be the start of something bigger
- From voice to video, why Indian languages are again Google’s big focus
With around one in 10 mobile searches in India related to Indian cinema, Google Search now gives local cinema enthusiasts an easy way to discover and explore everything they want to know about their favourite movies, stars, music, dialogues, actors and more.
“Google has a long history of building products for India, and we wanted to make sure that when these millions of Indian cinema fans pick up their phone and ask Google about their favourite films, actors or songs, they get a delightful, local experience,” said Chadha.
Google also released a video tribute to Indian cinema that showcases these search experiences.