The US space agency has released its popular NASA app for a new platform – the fourth-generation Apple TV – that will provide you access to NASA TV on your TV as well live views from the International Space Station (ISS).
The NASA app, available for free in the App Store on Apple TV, has been downloaded more than 17 million times across all platforms.
“The NASA app has been a fantastic way for the public to experience the excitement of space exploration from their mobile devices,” said David Weaver, NASA associate administrator for Communications.
“Now, users with the latest Apple TV can explore and enjoy our remarkable images, videos, mission information, NASA Television and more on the big screen with the whole family,” he added in a statement.
- Mitashi 123.19 cm Ultra HD 4K Smart Curved LED TV (MiCE050v34 4KS) review
- Apple store app for iOS revamped with new interface, voice search
- This is how Apple’s App Store changed the world
- Apple App Store will turn 10 this year, and here’s what the numbers look like
- Apple’s on-demand video streaming service could be cheaper than Netflix: Report
- Getting smarter with your smartphone: Apps that help you learn STEM
The NASA app for Apple TV offers several features for users.
You can watch live streaming NASA TV and get a real-time view of the Earth from the space station.
The users can view more than 15,000 images individually or as a continuous slideshow and play “on demand” NASA videos.
They can view other NASA satellites pass overhead, based on their location and discover the latest NASA mission information.
“The users can listen to NASA’s online radio station “Third Rock” and view the Earth as art image gallery,” NASA said.