The Chinese challenge in the Indian smartphone segment got serious today with the technology giant ZTE launching its Nubia Z9 Mini at a very competitive price of Rs 16,999. The phone will be available only on Amazon.
The phone will make the mid segment India very competitive as there are good options at every Rs 1,000. The Z9 Mini for instance offer the NeoVision 5.0 SLR system making the camera a USP for the brand.
- ZTE Nubia Z17S and Z17 miniS with four cameras launched in China
- ZTE to launch Z17 Mini with dual rear camera setup on April 6: Report
- Nubia Z11, N1 India launch on December 14: Here is expected pricing
- ZTE Nubia Z11, Nubia N1 set for India launch on December 14
- ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini Express Review: Definitely the most versatile phone camera
- ZTE Nubia series to launch in India tomorrow, will be Amazon exclusive
The Nubia Z9 mini has a 5-inch 1920×1080 IPS display, 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, 16-megapixel rear camera and eight mp front camera. It comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage space. This is a dual-SIM smartphone with 4G support. The battery is 3000mAH lithium-ion battery and ZTE is promising 30 hours of talktime and standby time of 600 hours.
ZTE has not gone for the flash sale mode with this phone, although a user can only buy 3 units of this device at one time in Amazon.
ZTE has been in the market for a few quarters now, though without making a big impact. This phone, however, could change all that as it seems to offer a good value for money equation. It is likely that ZTE is testing the waters for launching the rest of the Nubia range including the flagship Z9 launched in China a few weeks back.