Xiaomi has sold 8,00,000 units of Redmi Note 2 smartphones in China within 12 hours of the first flash sale held on Sunday. The company made this announcement in a blog post.
The next round of flash sale will happen on August 24. Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 features a 5.5-inch full HD display, powered by a MediaTek Helio X10 processor. The smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and 16/32GB storage options. Redmi Note 2 also comes with expandable storage of up to 32GB via microSD card slot. The smartphone packs a 3060mAh battery and supports quick charging.
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro launch on June 25: Specifications, features and everything else we know
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro official renders shared, launch on June 25
- Xiaomi smartphones released in 2018 that are yet to arrive in India
- Xiaomi Redmi Y2 sale at 12 pm on Amazon, Mi.com: Price, launch offers and more
- Xiaomi Redmi Y2, MIUI 10 launch in India at 3 pm today: How to watch livestream, features, etc
- Honor 7C, Honor 7A vs Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5A: Specs comparison
The Redmi Note 2 sports a 13-megapixel f/2.2 aperture Samsung rear camera with phase detection auto focus technology. There is a 5-megapixel camera at the front.
Xiaomi has announced an event on Wednesday in New Delhi where it is likely to unveil the MIUI7 ROM. It is unclear whether Xiaomi plans to launch Redmi Note 2 and Redmi Note 2 Prime smartphones at the same event.