- India vs Afghanistan, Asia Cup 2018 Super 4 Live Cricket score streaming: Watch IND vs AFG Match Live Stream on Hotstar, JioTV and Airtel TV
- Singer Balabhaskar and wife critical after car accident, daughter passes away
- India a free society, successfully lifting millions out of poverty, Donald Trump tells UN
Reliance Jio 4G services launch fully today. This means the company’s Preview offer that comes with 90 days of free 4G data now works with all 4G-enabled smartphones. Reliance 4G SIM card is free of cost, and users can get hold of one from Reliance Digital Store and Xpress Mini stores. However, users can switch to the Jio network, and use it as the primary service without changing their existing mobile number.
This is possible through Mobile Number Portability (MNP). MNP was introduced by DoT for all telecom operators in India in July 2015. MNP allows users to transfer their mobile numbers to a new city or locality across country and use it as local number. Reliance Jio 4G SIM will be made available at nearly two lakh stores across the country. According to a PTI report, Jio SIMs will also be available at locations where SIMs from other vendors are also sold.
Here’s how you can switch to a Reliance Jio network without change your existing number:
• Send a text message to with ‘PORT’ written in it to 1900. The message is a request to your existing operator to port out.
• Download MyJio app from Play Store and generate offer code.
• Walk in your nearest Reliance Digital store, Digital Xpress Mini, Jio retailer or multi-brand Jio stores. you need to have your port out code, Free Welcome Offer code and 4G-enabled handset with you.
• Next, submit address proof, identity proof and photographs at the above mentioned stores.
• The new SIM card may take up to 7 days to activate. Also, you will be charged Rs 19.
• In some time, your existing number will start showing a ‘No Service’ message; after which you can put in your new Reliance Jio SIM in your device to start using it.
• You cannot switch to another network for at least 90 days. You’ll have to generate a new UPC in case you decide to do so after 3 months.
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani has announced that all voice calls for Jio customers will be free for life. Also, the company has dropped roaming charges within India. Reliance Jio 4G services come with an access to free SMS and Jio premium apps.