Moto G4 Plus starts at Rs 13,499 for 2GB RAM+16GB storage, going up to Rs 14,999 for the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage option. Motorola has not confirmed the pricing for the Moto G4 in India.
Moto G4 will also be Amazon exclusive in India. Moto G series has become Amazon exclusive from this year on, while earlier the phones were sold only on Flipkart.
- Moto E5 Plus India launch today: How to watch live, expected price, and more
- Moto E5 Plus launch in India on July 10, will be Amazon exclusive
- Motorola confirms Moto E5 Plus smartphone India launch in July
- Moto G6, Moto G6 Play launch in India today: Live stream timings, expected price, etc
- Top Moto G6 Plus variant to sport Snapdragon 660 SoC and 6GB RAM: Report
- Motorola Moto G6, Moto G6 Play India launch on June 4, will be Amazon exclusive
Moto G4 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is 7.9 mm thick with rounded edges, and has a more squared look. It has a 5MP front camera and a 13MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus. On the other hand, Moto G4 Plus has a better 16 mp rear camera with improved low-light performance.
Moto G4 is powered by Snapdragon 617 1.5 GHz octa-core processor, coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card). It comes with Turbo charging and a 3,000 mAh battery and runs the latest Android 6 OS. Moto is promising six hours of battery life with just 15 minutes of charging.
Moto G4 Plus also has the same battery and processor, but it also comes with a fingerprint scanner, which is not there in the Moto G4.
Also See: Moto G4 Plus review
In our review of the Moto G4 Plus, what stood out was the camera, especially the low-light performance given the pricing. Where overall performance goes, the Moto G4 Plus offers the same consistency and experience as the earlier Moto G3 series, thanks to the pure Android OS.
In the case of the Moto G4, we’ll have to see how Moto prices the smartphone, given this is not a drastic overhaul of the Moto G3 series. If Moto G4 is priced under Rs 11,000, then it could pose a serious challenge to other players in the market like Redmi Note 3, Le 2, Yu Yunicorn, etc.