Microsoft has introduced its Lumia 540 Dual SIM budget Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone at a price of Rs 10,199. The Lumia 540 Dual SIM runs on Windows Phone 8.1 (with Denim) operating system and will be upgradable to Windows 10 later this year.
- Microsoft Lumia 650 (dual-SIM) with Windows 10 goes on sale in India at Rs 15,299
- Nokia Priority store is now Microsoft Priority Reseller Store. First one opens in Chennai
- Microsoft launches Lumia 430 Dual SIM for Rs 5299, will upgrade it to Windows 10
- Microsoft announces new Lumia 540 dual-SIM, to launch in India next month
- Microsoft Lumia 535 launched at Rs 9,199, to be available from tomorrow
- Lumia 530 is cheapest windows phone at Rs 7,349
The new Windows smartphone sports a 5-inch 720p HD IPS LCD along with an 8MP A/F rear camera with LED Flash and a 5MP front camera. Powered by a 2,200 mAh battery, the device runs on a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with 1GB RAM.
On the storage front, it offers 8GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. Microsoft is also offering 30GB of free OneDrive space. In terms of connectivity, the device offers dual SIM support including Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and hotspot.
Like other Lumia smartphones, the 540 also comes with Microsoft’s Office suite which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. Buyers can avail several offers with every purchase like’Double Data for 2 Months’ offer from Airtel, Rs 200 off every month for 5 months from Paytm, cashback of Rs 200 for every recharge for the first four topups of Rs 500 or higher on Ola Money and two months free Gaana subscription.
The device is available for pre-bookings. Buyers in Hyderabad can pre-book at LOT, in Chennai they can visit Poorvika, TMS in Kolkata, Sangeetha in Bangalore, Reliance in Mumbai and Spice in Delhi.