Gionee has launched new S Plus smartphone with USB Type C port exclusively for Indian consumers. The smartphone is the newest addition to the S series and features USB Type C port.
The Gionee S Plus is 5.5-inch smartphone with 720p HD AMOLED display protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The 4G LTE smartphone is powered by a 1.3GHz octa-core processor coupled with 3G RAM and 16GB expandable storage.
- Gionee to launch new budget smartphones with Full View display in India on April 26
- Gionee A1 Plus review: Dual rear cameras are the highlight
- Gionee M6S Plus with 6-inch FHD display, 6020mAh battery launched in China
- Gionee A1 review: A great phone, but it’s not flawless
- Gionee Marathon M5 Plus with 6-inch screen, 5,020mAh battery launched in China
- Gionee launches S6 smartphone with USB Type-C port in China
“In today’s fast paced time, the consumer needs and desires are evolving and they don’t want to compromise on the looks nor the specs of the device. Hence to bridge in the gap, we have introduced the all new S Plus especially in India this Diwali to meet all the expectations that our consumers are asking for,” said Timir Acharyya, GM – Gionee India.
The smartphone features a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera for selfies and video calling. The Gionee S Plus is loaded with Android 5.1 Lollipop and is backed by a 3150mAh battery.
The smartphone is priced at Rs 16,999 and will be available in Dark Blue, White and Golden colour variants. The handset will be available from the first week of November.