Ricoh India today launched a new 360 degree spherical camera called Ricoh Theta S for Rs 39,995. The device is the latest addition to the company’s Ricoh Theta series.
Ricoh Theta S is a lightweight portable camera, which can capture images of up to 14MP in 360 degrees. It has an enlarged image sensor and F2.0 lens which allows more light to enter in to its ultra-small twin-lens. This in turn capture images well in low light as well.
- GoPro Fusion review: 360-degree video becomes easy to handle
- Ricoh Theta SC 360 degree camera launched in India at Rs 25,995
- Nico360: Meet world’s smallest 360 degree virtual reality camera
- Ricoh Theta S #ExpressReview: A paradigm shift in photo and videography
- Ricoh Imaging brings Pentax back to India with K-S2 DSLR
- Ricoh WG-4 review: The adventure-proof camera
The device can record full HD videos of 1920×1080 pixels at 30 frames per second for up to 25 minutes. It comes with a sure-grip black rubber coating and LED mode indicator.
Ricoh Theta S has an internal memory of 8GB. The API of the camera is based on Google-supported Open Spherical Camera API, which is compatible with Google’s services.
The photographs taken using the device can be uploaded to various social media platfroms such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr. These images can also be posted on Google Maps, Google + and YouTube 360 degree channel. The camera will be available starting December.