Panasonic has unveiled the DMC-FZ1000 and DMC-FZ300 compact digital cameras in India. The two new compact shooters are capable of 4K photography and video recording.
The Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 and DMC-FZ300 come with Leica lens system and feature OLED live viewfinder. The image sensors used in the cameras are of MOS type and Panasonic is using Venus Engine for image processing. Panasonic claims that the combination of image sensor and processing engine makes for superior colour reproduction and minimum noise in low-light.
Both the compact point and shoot models also feature DFD (Depth from Defocus) enabling an autofocus time of 0.09 seconds. The start-up time of the new cameras is 0.66 seconds.
- Nikon Coolpix P1000 with 125x optical zoom launched in India
- Panasonic Lumix G85, Lumix G7 with 4K video capability launched: Price, specifications
- Panasonic LUMIX GH5S review: Video has never had it this good before
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH5 review: More resolution than your screen can handle
- CES 2015: Panasonic launches range of Lumix and 4K cameras and Next-gen Blu-ray disc player
- Panasonic launches Lumix GH4, the first camera with 4K video
The DMC-FZ1000 is a bridge camera which falls in between point and shoot and SLR cameras. The Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 features 20.1-megapixel 1-inch type sensor and 16x optical zoom. For video recording, Panasonic has added 5-axis Hybrid optical image stabilisation and 5-step speed control that eliminates handshake vibration.
On the other hand, Panasonic DMC-FZ300 is hybrid compact camera with 12.1-megapixel image sensor and 24x optical zoom. The camera is splash and dust proof with rugged design. The camera has f/2.8 aperture and comes with 4K Burst shooting and 4K Pre-burst features.
The Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 and DMC-FZ300 are priced at Rs 45,990 and Rs 58,990 respectively.