OnePlus Cardboard is now on sale on Amazon India for Rs 99. OnePlus, the company behind the flagship killer OnePlus One, plans to launch the successor to their phone on July 27, via virtual reality. The OnePlus Cardboard will help users get the virtual reality experience.
The OnePlus 2 will be the first flagship to be launched completely in VR. OnePlus says that with the cardboard they are not making any money but are in fact losing money. However the company believes that the OnePlus Cardboard will help drive the idea of virtual reality forward.
- OnePlus 6 with a transparent back spotted, but CEO Pete Lau warns of ‘safety’
- OnePlus 6 Red edition officially launched: Sale from July 16, price is Rs 39,999
- OnePlus 6: A red colour variant may launch on July 2
- OnePlus 7 will be 5G compatible, company working on US carrier support as well
- OnePlus 6 vs OnePlus 5T: What’s the difference?
- How and when to watch the OnePlus 6 launch live stream today
OnePlus says their Cardboard is uses a stronger, thicker material and has an added high-quality velcro for maximum durability. OnePlus Cardboard is also compatible with most devices up to 6-inches in size. The OnePlus Cardboard will go on sale from the third week of July on Amazon India.
Where OnePlus Two goes, the company has confirmed Type C-USB port and Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor. The Type C-USB supports various new USB standards like USB 3.1 and USB power delivery (USB PD). It also supports HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA with adapters of course.
OnePlus also that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1 processor has been engineered for OnePlus and they have worked to prevent this heating issues faced by other phones using the chipset.