Updated: January 3, 2016 1:35:43 pm
LG has announced that it will launch redesigned webOS 3.0 smart TV platform at 2016 CES. LG has been using webOS for its smart TVs since acquiring the operating system from HP in 2013.
LG webOS 3.0 has been redesigned to make the smart TV experience even more versatile. With webOS 3.0, LG will introduce magic zoom, magic mobile connection and an upgraded magic remote.
The magic zoom feature will allow users to magnify objects and pictures without affecting the picture quality. LG will allow its smart TV users to access their mobile apps on TV using magic connection via LG TV Plus app.
The upgraded magic remote will make controlling set-top box easier with addition of buttons on the remote. LG is also redesigning its screen remote feature with less cluttered and intuitive user interface.
Other features added to the platform:
1. Channel Advisor: The new webOS 3.0 feature will display upcoming time slots with program information by analysing viewing pattern of user.
2. Multi-view: LG wants to bring split-screen feature to smart TVs with this feature. The multi-view will allow users to watch two different TV channels at once and even a blu-ray movie can be added to mix.
3. Music Player app: The new app will play music via LG smart TV’s speakers even when the TV is off.
4. IoTV app: This app will allow users to control their smart home appliances with on-screen control.
In all likelihood, LG will announce new smart TVs to promote webOS 3.0. The 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) starts on January 2016 and we will be bringing you all the updates from the show.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.