The second of the three mixed doubles exhibition matches between star teams of Leander Paes and Martina Navratilova and Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza will be held at Sania Mirza Tennis Academy (SMTA) in Hyderabad on Thursday.
Both doubles pairings have won two Mixed Grand Slams each with Leander-Martina winning the Australian Open and Wimbledon (both in 2003) while Sania-Mahesh have won the Australian Open (2009) and the French Open (2012).
“SMTA is proud to be hosting this event in Hyderabad,” Sania, who is back in her home town after her most successful year on WTA Tour, said in a press release.
- Leander Paes set for Asian Games return, Yuki Bhambri may miss it for US Open
- French Open 2016: Leander Paes, Sania Mirza win; Purav Raja dislodged
- French Open: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes book second round berths
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis lift 3rd Grand Slam title on the trot, extend unbeaten streak to 36
- Olympic medal will be a dream come true, says Sania Mirza
- US Open 2015 doubles delight for India: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes into finals
“This is another step in promoting tennis in India and is certain to inspire the promising youngsters from this part of the globe, who are aspiring to become world beaters in this amazing sport,” Sania added.
The first match will be held in Kolkata on November 25 and third on November 27.
In an extraordinary run in 2015, Sania and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis won 10 titles together including Wimbledon, US Open and the year-end WTA Finals in Singapore.