Ace Indian tennis star Sania Mirza continued her superb run with Swiss partner Martina Hingis as the duo clinched its seventh title together by winning the Wuhan Open women’s doubles trophy on Saturday.
The top-seeded pair eased past the Romanian team of Irina-Camelia Begu and Monica Niculescu 6-2, 6-3 in the title clash.
“Title number 7 #SanTina @mhingis #WuhanOpen,” the Indian star tweeted accompanied by a picture of the duo with the trophy.
- Mommy to be Sania Mirza back home in Hyderabad after Dubai trip
- Australian Open 2016: Sania Mirza-Ivan Dodig beat Martina Hingis-Leander Paes in quarters
- Australian Open 2016: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis continue streak; Rohan Bopanna also advances
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis continue good form, reach Wuhan Open semis
- Sania Mirza eyes more from doubles
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis breeze into Miami Open doubles final
Sania and Hingis had it relatively easy in the second round, quarterfinals and semi-finals after getting a first round bye in the tournament.
Sania and Hingis dropped serve three times and fought back from a 2-0 deficit in the second set to emerge triumphant in the summit clash on Saturday.
With today’s win, the Indo-Swiss pairing has seven WTA doubles titles together this year — Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Wimbledon, the US Open, Guangzhou and Wuhan.
They have won their last three tournaments and their last 13 matches without dropping a single set.
They now head to the China Open in Beijing, where they have been given the top billing.