scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Sunday, October 25, 2020

Kubrat Pulev says Anthony Joshua fight is set for London on December 12

Kubrat Pulev had been scheduled to meet Anthony Joshua, the reigning champion of the IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles, on June 20 but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

By: Reuters | October 13, 2020 2:01:28 pm
Kubrat Pulev confirmed the date and the venue of the fight on his Facebook page. (Source: Reuters)

Kubrat Pulev will fight heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua in London on December 12, Bulgaria’s IBF mandatory challenger said on Monday.

The 39-year-old had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20 but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

“No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12th and the place is London!,” the Bulgarian, known as ‘The Cobra’, said on his Facebook page.

He added on his website that “the date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract.”

Joshua, 30, defeated Mexican-American Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December to win back his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles.

The Briton was initially due to fight Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium in October 2017 but the Bulgarian withdrew after suffering a shoulder injury in sparring.

Pulev challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014, losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on a fifth-round knockout.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Sports News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement