scorecardresearch

Delhi Daredevils have nothing to lose: Quinton de Kock

Delhi Daredevils got the wooden spoon as they finished at the bottom place in last season's IPL.

By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Updated: April 5, 2015 5:55:32 pm

It’s difficult for professional players brood over defeats for a lengthy period, says talented South African opener Quinton de Kock, who wants to come out all guns blazing for Delhi Daredevils in the upcoming eighth edition of Indian Premier League.

De Kock was a part of the Daredevils team that finished last during 2014 edition but he intends to come out all guns blazing as he feels that “there is nothing to lose”.

READ: We didn’t have too many options last year, concedes JP Duminy 

“Last year, we didn’t do too well. We have nothing to lose this year. We would like to come hard at everyone and give our best shot. We have to play to our potential and see where it takes us,” said the wicketkeeper-batsman, who has a career strike-rate of 132.47 in 82 T20 matches (including 20 T20 Internationals).

Asked about how important would be a good start for the franchisee, the Proteas opener made it clear that more important aspect for him would be where the team finishes.

“It’s always nice to get a good start whether it’s batting or bowling. We must not forget it’s important that how we finish. We would like to finish on a high,” De Kock expressed confidence.

While he has now become a regular ‘keeper for the national side, he didn’t confirm whether he would be donning the gloves for his IPL team.

“I am not too sure, I have no clue, does not bother me,” said De Kock on his status as DD’s keeper-batsman.

De Kock also said that playing limited overs is much harder than playing in the shortest format which suits the batsmen more and therefore one doesn’t need to adjust too much while changing from 50 to 20 over format.

“It’s not that hard to adjust as 50 overs is much more difficult. In 50-over format, you need patience. T20 is nice little change for us, more for the batsman than bowlers,” opined De Kock.

De Kock was a part of the South African side that lost to New Zealand in the cricket World Cup semi-finals less than a fortnight back and the stylish left-hander has decided to move on from that disappointing night in Auckland.

“It took me a day or two to get over the disappointment,” De Kock, said in a matter-of-fact manner during an Open Media Session organized by the Daredevils.

READ: If you don’t have variety then you are not going to survive as spinner: Imran Tahir

“A World Cup is a World Cup but one needs to move on from that thing. It’s past now and I am really focussing on the next challenge,” the 22-year-old De Kock said about his upcoming assignment for the Delhi franchise.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Sports News, download Indian Express App.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement