UEFA Quarterfinals Draw: The quarterfinal stage of UEFA Champions League will see at least one Premier League rivalry as Tottenham Hotspur will face Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City in the quarterfinals. Manchester United, who had a tough road to the top eight against PSG, will have to go through Spanish giants Barcelona to make way into the semifinals.
Liverpool will hope to have it easy against FC Porto, while Juventus will go against the Dutch club Ajax. The Europa League draws are set to take place later in which the fate of Arsenal and Chelsea, who both have made it to the quarters, will be decided.
UEFA quarterfinals draw:
Arsenal & Chelsea cannot play at home on the same night following a decision made by the relevant local authorities. Arsenal's tie will be reversed in accordance with the UEFA Club Competitions Committee principles. The first leg against Napoli will therefore be in north London.
Save the Dates
Fourth out: Slavia Prague v Chelsea- Slavia Prague will face Chelsea in the fourth quarter-finals of the EuropaLeague
Third out: Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt- Benfica will face Eintracht Frankfurt in the third quarter-finals of the EuropaLeague
Second out: Villareal vs Valencia- Villareal will face Valencia in the second quarter-finals of the EuropaLeague
First out: Napoli vs Arsenal- Arsenal will face Napoli in the quarter-finals of the EuropaLeague
Back with Europa League
Arsenal, Chelsea, Napoli and Valencia are in the last-eight draw of the Europa League. Which team will your favourite club face in the quarterfinals?
4 - Manchester City have lost each of their four games against English opponents in European competition - twice against Chelsea in 1971 and twice against Liverpool in 2018. Warning.
*A reminder that Man. City & Manchester United are not able to play at home on the same night, nor on consecutive nights, following a decision made by the relevant local authorities. The first leg of Manchester United v Barcelona will therefore be at Old Trafford.
Champions League Quarterfinals draws:
AJAX VS JUVENTUS
LIVERPOOL VS PORTO
TOTTENHAM VS MANCHESTER CITY
BARCELONA VS MANCHESTER UNITED
Winner of SF 1 will have the home advantage in the final against the winner of SF 2.
QF 3 winner will face winner of QF 1
TottenhamHotspur/Manchester City will face Ajax/Juventus
QF 4 winner will face winner of QF 2
Barcelona/Manchester United will face Liverpool/Porto
First name: Barcelona FC
Second name: Manchester United FC
Here is the final match of the quarterfinal - FC Barcelona vs Manchester United
First name: Tottenham Hotspur FC
Second name: Manchester City FC
The third match is fixed - It will be Tottneham renewing Premier League rivalry with Manchester City
First name: Liverpool FC
Second name: FC Porto
The second match is sorted - It will be Liverpool taking on FC Porto.
First name: AFC Ajax
Second name: Juventus
We have our first match - Ajax will face Juventus!
Julio Cesar is out
Former Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar is out to make the first set of draws.
Giorgio Marcheti is out
UEFA official Giorgio Marcheti is out to give a detailed explanation of how the draws will work.
THE SHOW BEGINS!
Host Pedro Pinto is out and the show draws have begun. Which team will face each other in the quarterfinals.
Five minutes to go
UEFA Champions League 2018/19 quarterfinal draws are about to being in 5 minutes. Are you READY!?
Your 2018/19 #UCL quarter-finalists 🙌— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) 13 March 2019
Who are you backing to lift the 🏆? pic.twitter.com/dLLjJCEGq8
When will the matches be played?
9/10 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
16/17 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
30 April/1 May: Semi-finals, first leg
7/8 May: Semi-finals, second leg
Saturday 1 June: Final – Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid
Round of 16 Recap
SURPRISES, Twists and COMEBACKS!
- Ajax stunned Real Madrid 4-1 in the away fixture at Santiago Bernabeu as the Dutch club picked up a 5-3 win on aggregate.
- Manchester United, trailing 2-0 after home leg, stunned PSG after a controversial VAR penalty call. The English club won 3-3, with an away goal advantage on aggregate to reach quarters.
- Juventus, trailing by 2-0 after the away leg, hammered Atletico Madrid 3-0 at home, courtesy, a hat-trick by Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Porto, trailing 2-1 after the first leg, stunned Italian giants Roma 3-1 to reach quarters.
With Bayern Munich getting knocked out, Germany don’t have a quarterfinal representative for the first time since 2005-06. Meanwhile Real Madrid, winner of the last three Champions League titles, struggled in the post-Cristano Ronaldo era and were stunned by a resurgent Ajax in the last 16.
UEFA Champions League quarterfinals draw will be held at UEFA’s headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
Points to be kept in mind during the draw:
* Manchester City and Manchester United will not play their home games in next month’s quarter-finals on the same or consecutive nights following a decision by local authorities, UEFA said on Thursday. European football’s governing body said it would amend the scheduling if both Manchester clubs are drawn to play their home games in the same week.
* There is also the possibility that derby rivals United and City could face each other in the quarter-finals or take on fellow Premier League sides Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
* The first leg of the quarter-finals will be played on the 9th and 10th April 2019, while the return legs are scheduled on the 16th and 17th of the same month; the match-days will be decided according to the UEFA Draw.
UEFA Champions League quarterfinals live draw
Hello and welcome to our live blog on the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal Draw. There are eight teams in the fray - Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspurs, Liverpool, Ajax, Porto, Juventus, and Barcelona. Surprisingly, the three-time reigning Champions Real Madrid were knocked out by Ajax in the Round of 16. Now, who would get the Dutch club in the draw for the quarters?