Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, who co-owns Indian Super League franchise Kerala Blasters FC, on Wednesday said he has an “incredible team” and looked forward to it playing its special brand of football.
Unveiling the team’s jersey for the second edition of the Hero Indian Super League starting next month in the presence of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here, Tendulkar said: “This time we have an incredible team. We have players from different countries of the world, different cultures, different languages. Lot of different things have come together.”
- Indian Super League: Sachin Tendulkar will remain part of Kerala Blasters, says David James
- Indian Super League 2018-19: Familiar foes ATK, Kerala Blasters to kick off fifth season
- Indian Super League 2018/19: Kerala Blasters hope to go all the way
- ‘A piece of my heart will always beat for the club’: Sachin Tendulkar sells his stake in Kerala Blasters
- Sachin Tendulkar likely to sell off his stakes with Kerala Blasters Football Club
- Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar names his ISL team ‘Kerala Blasters’
“We keenly look forward to the team playing their special brand of football,” he said, introducing the team.
Referring to the last season, in which the team finished runners-up, he said it “slowly, slowly gathered momentum” when the matches progressed and ended up winning hearts of all across the country.
“We, Kerala Blasters have complete faith and confidence that we will be able to fill any stadiums that we play in the country,” he said.
Besides introducing the team, Tendulkar also introduced the team’s main sponsors Muthoot Pappachan Group.
Tendulkar thanked the Muthoot Pappachan Group for continuing their support to Kerala Blasters and also the state
government for its backing.
The team would host NorthEast United at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium at Kochi in their first match on October 6.
Speaking on the occasion, Chandy extended full support to the team. State Sports Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan were among those present.