By: Express Web Desk | Published: May 14, 2015 6:32:52 pm
Save the Children, an international non-governmental organisation(NGO), on Thursday denied that its global ambassador Cristiano Ronaldo donated five million pounds for the Nepal earthquake victims.
“The latest information on the donation of Cristiano Ronaldo to the emergency response of Save the Children in Nepal is false. After the second earthquake, which has brought further devastation to the country, the NGO wants to thank Cristiano Ronaldo and other influential people for their support in publicising the situation facing children and families in Nepal,” an official statement from the NGO said.
Earlier this week the social media was abuzz with reports where the 30-year-old footballer was said to have given money for the relief work of Nepal wh ch was struck by a massive earthquake.