Tata Motors, the home-grown automaker, has appointed the star footballer Linoel Messi as its global brand ambassador for its passenger vehicles. The objective behind appointing Messi as its global face is to connect with the youth as the company is focusing on more youth-centric products globally. The contract with the footballer is for two years initially, which can be extended afterwards. To start with, the first campaign starring Lionel Messi – #madeofgreat – starring Lionel Messi – will air tomorrow i.e. November 3, 2015.
The core idea of the ‘Made of Great’ campaign emerges from the inspiring thought of ‘What drives us from within is what makes us great’. The Company has plans to also bring in an exclusive merchandising range of this association.
- Lionel Messi’s little act for opponent’s son is heartwarming
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Twitter abuzz as Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi exit on same day
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Lionel Messi – An Argentine Great’s Escape
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Lionel Messi’s brand unblemished by poor World Cup
- Shame Argentina did not withstand pressure from Israeli-hating inciters, says Minister after friendly called-off
- Lionel Messi hometown in Argentina has no tributes dedicated to the star footballer
Mayank Pareek, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit at Tata Motors, said, “We are very excited to have Lionel Messi on board. He is talent galore with conviction & is an icon for today’s youth. Watching him play football is magical. His determination on the field is awe-inspiring. He is a winner who is trustworthy, reliable, pioneering, simple and driven by self-belief, which is the core idea of this campaign – ‘What drives us from within is what makes us great,”
“As we look to expand our footprint across the globe, Messi’s unique ability to appeal globally, transcending geographies, makes him ideal person to represent our brand, internationally.”, he added.
Tata Motors will be the first Indian brand to be endorsed by Lionel Messi. Expressing his excitement to be endorsing the Indian automobile giant, he said: “Namaste India. I am very excited about my first association with an Indian brand and am extremely thrilled to be a part of the Tata Motors family. I have always been fascinated by India and have heard such great things about this diverse country.”