Updated: August 10, 2020 9:37:33 pm
Jadon Sancho will stay with Borussia Dortmund for the upcoming season amid reported interest from Manchester United, club sporting director Michael Zorc said on Monday.
The 20-year-old, who was involved in 34 Bundesliga goals this season for Borussia Dortmund, has been linked with a €120 million move to Manchester United.
“We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season. The decision is final. I think that answers all our questions,” Zorc said at a training session.
“Last summer we adjusted Jadon’s salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then.” pic.twitter.com/m2emQ4pedg
— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) August 10, 2020
“Last summer we adjusted Jadon’s salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then.”
The Manchester City academy graduate is among 31 Dortmund players to travel to Bad Ragaz for a pre-season camp. Dortmund have two matches during their training camp, against Austrian sides SCR Altach on Wednesday and Austria Vienna on Sunday.
Sancho has been heavily linked with United in the offseason after the club qualified for next season’s Champions League. Sancho joined Dortmund from Manchester City in 2017.
(with AP inputs)
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.