Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has reportedly got engaged to model-actor Hazel Keech in Bali on Wednesday evening.
The 33-year-old’s private life has been subject of much speculation after Hazel had recently accompanied him to the wedding of his teammate Harbhajan Singh. “Finally, he found the right girl. This was the time when I felt he required a partner. I wanted him to get married and he had told me that he wouldn’t marry till he doesn’t find the right girl,” Yuvraj’s mother Shabnam Singh told The Indian Express.
Sources said the duo have known each other for more than three years now, but they started dating only three months back. Things started materializing only after Shabnam met Hazel’s parents in England last month and gave the go-ahead.
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma make an appearance at Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech wedding in Goa, see pics
- Get ready brother: Harbhajan Singh shows how he will dance at Yuvraj Singh’s wedding
- 6 things Yuvraj Singh revealed about his December wedding to Hazel on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Yuvraj Singh says he is engaged to his ‘friend for life’ Hazel Keech
- Marrying Hazel Keech will change Yuvraj Singh’s fortunes: Yograj Singh
- Yuvraj Singh reacts to reports about his marriage to Hazel Keech
“I was in England last month to meet Hazel parents. Her parents are really grounded and their humility has really floored me. I am happy my son has finally found a good partner,” Shabnam added.
After getting a go-ahead from his mother, Yuvraj went to seek the blessings from his Guruji — Baba Ram Singh Ghanduan wale near Daphera village in Fategarh Sahib with Hazel. The duo is likely to get married by February next year. Sources said that Yuvraj’s father Yograj Singh also met the girl when she was in Chandigarh. Yuvraj is scheduled to be back from Indonesia tonight.
Yuvraj, who was the Player of Tournament in the 2011 World Cup before his career took a hit due to a cancerous tumor in his left lung for which he underwent chemotherapy treatment in the USA. Hazel Keech, 28, was born in Essex to a British father and a Mauritian mother. She was seen in a supporting role in Salman Khan-starrer Bodyguard. She has also appeared in the seventh season of reality show Bigg Boss in 2013 where she got evicted in the first week.
😄 yes mr @harbhajan_singh from Diwali onwards I’m going to play straight see u Tom night 💃🏼🎊🎉
— yuvraj singh (@YUVSTRONG12) October 30, 2015