Kumar Sangakkara showed the world that his run-scoring ability is very much intact as he smashed 166 runs off 138 balls for Surrey against Nottinghamshire at The Oval on Monday during the semi-final clash of Royal London One Day Cup.
- Kumar Sangakkara’s record-breaking run with Surrey continues, races to 1000 runs
- Be our envoy to UK: Sri Lanka president to retiring Kumar Sangakkara
- Kumar Sangakkara retires: His top five Test knocks
- This is my time to call it a day: Kumar Sangakkara confirms retirement after upcoming India series
- Kumar Sangakkara is yet to confirm his retirement plans, says Angelo Mathews
- Slow and steady Lankans reach 293/4 on day 1
The Sri Lanka legend played shots all around the park as he sent the opposition bowlers on a leather hunt. Courtesy his knock, Surrey managed to post a stiff total of 300/5 in the allotted 50 overs.
Sangakkara amassed more than 26,000 runs in international cricket before hanging his boots recently against India at the P Sara Oval.