May 28, 2015 3:08:47 pm
Sri Lanka Cricket Board (SLC) has sacked three of its officials after allegations surfaced against them that they asked members of the women’s national team to perform sexual favours to keep their places in the squad.
SLC, has announced that it would not be renewing the contract of three officials indicted by two independent inquiries for sexually harassing women cricketers.
Issuing a statement, the board said it had received a report by the Committee of Inquiry appointed in November 2014 by the then Minister of Sports and a report by Attorney-at-Law Manoli Jinadasa, who was appointed by Sri Lanka Cricket to investigate and report on allegations of sexual exploitation of some women cricketers.
However, the board said in a statement “that there was no evidence of physical intimacy” by any of the three men, none of whom have been named, Sport24 reported.
Subscriber Only Stories
The SLC added that the investigation had nevertheless determined that there had been a few incidents of sexual harassment which were committed by two male officials and that the third was guilty of improper conduct which did not amount to sexual harassment.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.