Newly elected CAB president Sourav Ganguly was in Mumbai ahead of BCCI special general body meet and spoke to the reporters outside the BCCI headquarters.
Question: Mr Shashank Manohar is set to take over the reins of the BCCI, do you think he is the right man to lead the BCCI?
Answer: Of course he is! BCCI has some respectable people running the board through different times. They are all capable. Mr Manohar is quite capable.
- Will you be OK with Big-3 in India: Shashank Manohar on financial restructuring of the ICC
- Shashank Manohar, Sourav Ganguly get ombudsman reminder
- East meets West, puts Shashank Manohar back in power of BCCI
- Sourav Ganguly is the new king of Cricket Association of Bengal
- ‘There is a vertical split… but Jagmohan Dalmiya and Anurag Thakur will gel well’
- The Warrior Prince set for Jan 18 premiere at Eden
Question: Sourav, you are president of the CAB and despite that the east zone is supporting someone(Manohar) who is not from that zone?
Answer: Whom we want to support is our personal decision.
Question: Why is that? do you guys didn’t have the numbers?
Answer: As you know, Mr Jagmohan Dalmiya’s demise has brought unexpected circumstances for all of us, so we did things which were in the best interests for everyone.
Question: How comfortable do you find yourself in the new role as CAB president?
Answer: I have been in CAB for 11 months. I have been the seceretary in CAB for 12-13 months, I have never expected this to happen. Neither did I wanted to be the president in these circumstances. Mr Dalmiya was not only the CAB president to me, I grew up in front of him.
Question: Does the politics of cricket come easy to you?
Answer: I have just started, let’s see.