David Warner, who is now ruled out for six weeks after being hit on his left thumb by a vicious bouncer by Steven Finn, on Monday advised kids on how to avert such a serious injury.
- Steve Smith and me are good mates, says David Warner
- David Warner scores just 1 run on return to competitive cricket
- David Warner set to return as commentator for Australia’s ODI series against England
- Banned David Warner, Cameron Bancroft sign up for Northern Territory competition
- David Warner’s wife Candice reveals miscarriage after ball tampering scandal
- David Warner ‘humbled’ by support as he settles into home life
“Very kind of you @finnysteve to break my thumb. Kids, keep your eyes on the ball. Sad to be leaving,” posted Warner on his twitter account which has a link to the image of his broken thumb.
Warner who is Test vice-captain of the team is now in the race to be fit for Bangladesh tour which seems a distant possibility.
— David Warner (@davidwarner31) September 7, 2015