The statistical highlights of the first Twenty20 International between India and Zimbabwe.
# Axar Patel (3/17) has produced the best figures by an Indian bowler vs Zimbabwe in T20Is.
# Patel’s superb bowling performance is the third best by an Indian bowler on debut in T20Is. Pragyan Ojha had taken 4 for 21 vs Bangladesh at Nottingham on June 6, 2009 – the best by an Indian bowler on debut.
- India vs England: Virat Kohli leads India for 50th time in ODIs with highest win percentage
- India vs Ireland, 2nd T20I Preview: Middle order experiments on the cards for India
- India vs Ireland: Punjab born Simranjit Singh in Ireland squad for India T20 Internationals
- Ind vs Aus, 1st T20I Stats: Virat Kohli reaches another milestone, creates record for most fifties for India
- India vs Zimbabwe, 2nd T20I: Zimbabwe beat India by 10 runs
- India vs Zimbabwe, 1st T20I: As it happened
# Patel’s figures are the fourth best by an Indian spinner in T20Is. R Ashwin’s 4/11 vs Australia at Dhaka on March 30, 2014 are the best by an Indian spinner in T20Is.
# Patel became the fourth Indian player to receive the Man of the Match award on debut in T20Is, joining Subramaniam Badrinath, Dinesh Karthik and Pragyan Ojha.
# India (178/5) have posted their highest total vs Zimbabwe in T20Is, surpassing the 144 for three off 18 overs at Harare on June 13, 2010.
# Ajinkya Rahane and Murali Vijay were associated in a stand of 64 — India’s first fifty-run stand for the opening wicket vs Zimbabwe in T20Is, eclipsing the 32 between Murali Vijay and Naman Ojha at Harare on June 13, 2010.
# India have won all their T20Is vs Zimbabwe contested at Harare.
# India’s 54-run win is their third biggest in terms of runs in T20Is — their largest outside the subcontinent.
# India’s largest victory in terms of runs in T20Is is by 90 runs vs England at Colombo, RPS on September 23, 2012.
# Chris Mpofu has taken three for 33 — the best bowling performance by a Zimbabwean bowler vs India in T20Is.
# Mpofu’s performance is second best in T20Is next only to three for 16 vs Pakistan at King City (NW) on October 12, 2008.
# On his T20I debut, Neville Madziva conceded 46 runs — the most by a Zimbabwean bowler vs India in a T20I.
# Sandeep Sharma became the 10th bowler to concede a six (the batsman being Chibhabha) off his first legitimate ball in T20Is.