Former Indian Premier League Chief Operating Officer Sundar Raman will join the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) as its Chief Operating Officer – Sports, the company announced on Monday.
“Sundar Raman is joining Reliance as its CEO – Sports. He will be responsible for consolidation and integration of RIL’s sports portfolio including its Foundation activities in Sports,” RIL said in a statement.
- CoA to Supreme Court: Allow probe of nine players mentioned in sealed envelop
- RIL posts highest-ever profit of Rs 9,516 crore in September quarter; Jio profit at Rs 681 crore
- After much prodding, IPL COO Sundar Raman steps down
- Sundar Raman is not a decision maker in BCCI: Anurag Thakur
- As a silent spectator you are watching the fun involving celebrities: Supreme Court to Sundar Raman
- IPL spot-fixing case: SC gives N Srinivasan, Gurunath Meiyappan, Raj Kundra, Sundar Raman time till November 24 to reply
“In addition to the existing sports properties of RIL, Sundar will be driving newer avenues of growth in this area and also at integration with our digital services of Jio. Sundar brings with him a rich and unique experience of over two decades in understanding consumer insights and as a pioneer in the growth of sporting properties in India,” it said.
Over the course of last few years, RIL has invested in a variety of sports properties and is now positioned as one of India’s leading sports businesses. RIL is involved in multiple sports (cricket, football, basketball, tennis, golf) either on its own or through joint ventures.
In addition, the Reliance Foundation has several initiatives such as basketball and Young Champs.
Speaking about his new role, Sundar said: “I am delighted at the opportunity to join Reliance. Reliance existing sports properties coupled with its Jio digital services provides newer areas of growth. RIL has a huge aspiration in the sports area. The opportunity to be engaged in integrating the entire sports portfolio and make sports also an integral and important element in RIL’s growth will be an exciting journey.”