“You have to decide as per the situation. In the past also, we have seen India play with five bowlers. I think five bowlers is a good option if you consider Stuart Binny as your fifth bowler,” he added.
- India vs England 2018: Virat Kohli should bat at number four in ODIs, says Sourav Ganguly
- Happy Birthday Sourav Ganguly: Virender Sehwag wishes ‘dada’ in four steps on Twitter
- Virat Kohli panicked while preparing for England tour, says Sourav Ganguly
- Will support Brazil but also looking forward to Lionel Messi magic: Sourav Ganguly
- Sourav Ganguly hails Cheteshwar Pujara, says he’s as important as Virat Kohli in Tests
- Ajinkya Rahane, Sourav Ganguly confident of Indian team doing well in England
Ganguly praised the team’s series victory in Sri Lanka especially after losing the first Test.
“It’s a fabulous victory. The way they have bounced back from losing a match to win the series is a great achievement. If they keep playing like this, they will continue to win in future,” the former India captain said releasing a book on former president late APJ Abdul Kalam on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.
The 43-year-old fondly remembered his association with former president.
“You always have to choose the priorities in life and it’s not just how you’re born but how you lead your life and he chose to lead his life with students and also died among students,” said Ganguly.
Recalling receiving Padma Shri from the 11th President of India in 2004, Ganguly said,”He was a genius. A great scientist and I had the honour of receiving the Award from him.”
“What stood out was his simplicity and you could see the spark in his eyes. A man for the masses,” Ganguly said.