J&K Police launched an investigation to track down those who were involved in circulating “fake” pictures of Pakistani flag being hoisting on the social networking sites.
- Supreme Court seeks Centre’s reply on Shia Waqf Board’s plea against ‘un-Islamic’ flags
- Court acquits man booked for ‘disrespecting’ national flag
- J-K police issues notices to 21 WhatsApp group admins over failure to register with Kishtwar DM’s office
- J-K Police crackdowns on ‘keypad jehadis’ amid rising fake news circulation
- J&K: Youth identified as militant in social media Special Police Officer, say police
- Kashmir: Youth identified as militant on social media is Special Police Officer, says police
“We noticed one Pakistani flag in the Parimpora area in the city outskirts today,” said IGP Kashmir Mujtaba Gillani. “We have started an investigation, after we received reports of pictures being circulated on social networking platforms which showed that flags were being hoisted at several places in the city.” One of the pictures showed a flag that was erected on the Hariparbat hillock in the old city.
“We are investigating who is circulating these pictures on the social networking sites,” said SP North Shafqat Hussain. “In the next couple of days, we will arrest those who are behind these activities.” However, Shafqat denied that any flag was unfurled on the Hariparbat hillock on Saturday.