Since the inception of Indian Premier League (IPL), MS Dhoni, on innumerable occasions, has turned up in that yellow jersey for that one team—Chennai Super Kings.
But now with the franchise entangled in corruption and after BCCI deciding to go ahead with Supreme Court-appointed Lodha Committee’s recommendation to suspend team CSK, it seems MS Dhoni is all set to make a move if the Times of India report is to be believed.
- MS Dhoni’s style: War without bloodshed
- Chennai Super Kings celebrate IPL 2018 triumph on flight to Chennai
- IPL 2018: The Method to Chennai Super King’s Madness
- MS Dhoni, CSK stars attend Suresh Raina daughter’s birthday
- IPL 2018: Cricketers and their WAGs at Indian Premier League matches
- IPL spot-fixing verdict: Six hope change doesn’t leave them in a fix
“The two buyers for the new season haven’t yet been identified. But it’s certain that Dhoni will be the No. 1 target for both the new franchises owing to his brand value and match-winning abilities in T20 cricket,” said the TOI report.
According to the report, among six players from CSK and RR are ‘being inducted into the new franchises.’
“We won’t say Dhoni’s association with CSK is over, but for now, he will play for some other team” a source was quoted as saying.
The BCCI in its Working Committee meeting decided to terminate CSK and RR for two years and invite fresh bids to replace the two teams. After two years, from 2018 onwards, IPL will be a ten-team affair.