June 2, 2020 8:02:40 pm
Quarantine life can be hectic while balancing work from home and household chores. Amid this, worrying constantly about what new and healthy to cook for your child can only take a toll on you. But we have got you covered; here are simple recipes you can try.
Swiss Bircher Muesli
By Kris Barboza (Assistant Pastry Chef APCA Bangalore)
Quick Oats – 150 gm
Milk – 420 ml
Apple Juice – 60 ml
Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
Apple – 1
Honey – 2 tbsp
Plain Yoghurt – 375 gm
Cinnamon – A pinch
Fresh fruits, berries, dry fruits, toasted coconut
1. Mix the oats with yoghurt and the milk.
2. Next add in grated green apple.
3. Add in the cinnamon powder, apple juice and lemon juice.
4. Mix well & keep in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Next morning add in dry fruits and enjoy.
Avocado & Egg Sandwich
By Jagadish Purshottam (Executive Culinary chef APCA Bangalore)
Avocado – 2
Iceberg Lettuce – 1
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Boiled Eggs – 4
Roasted Bell Peppers Red – 1
Chopped Onions – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Lemon – 1
Chives – 50 g
Salt & Pepper – to taste
Mustard Paste – 1 tbsp
Bread – 4 slices
1. Cut two of the avocados in half and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
2. Sprinkle the salt over the top and use a fork to mash the avocados untilsmooth but slightly chunky.
3. Add the cilantro, tomato, red onion, and minced garlic to the avocado mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Add lime juice and check for seasoning as desired.
5. Toast the Bread slice with a sprinkle of olive oil.
6. Lay a layer of ice burg lettuce on the toasted bread slices.
7. Lay a layer of cucumber slices followed with avocado mixture (Guacamole).
8. A layer of roasted bell peppers is optional.
9. Lay a layer of boiled eggs thinly sliced.
By Shreya Monga (Assistant Pastry Chef APCA Gurgaon)
Oats – 150 gm
Honey – 125 gm
Sugar/Brown Sugar – 75 gm
Raisin – 25 gm
Dates – 25 gm
Almond Flakes – 25 gm
Pistachio – 25 gm
White Chocolate – (28 per cent) for dipping or lining decoration
1. Roast all the nuts and allow cooling.
2. Warm the honey to 80°C and mix in all ingredients.
3. Use rectangular mould or cut into rectangular shapes.
4. Bake at 170°C for 10 min.
5. Once cooled, pipe white chocolate designs over bars or dip half the bar intomelted white chocolate.
By Raghunandan (Pastry Chef APCA Bangalore)
Hung Curd – 200 ml
Fresh Cream – 200 ml
Condense Milk – 250 ml
Alphonso Mango – 100 gm
Probiotic Milk – 100 ml
1. Whisk the hung curd, condensed milk & cream together.
2. Can add Mango puree for flavor
3. Pour into the ramekins.
4. Bake in a water bath at 160 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with sliced Mango and serve chilled.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.