Water breaking during pregnancy is the rupture of the amniotic sac, signalling the birth of the baby. For some, it could be just slow trickling of water; for others, it can be a sudden gush. Mothers on Reddit shared the worst places where their water broke.
1. “In the face of the doctor who was bending down to…break my water. My (now ex) husband still occasionally reminds our son about the time he launched a water balloon at the doctor prior to making his entrance into the world.” -KeeperOfTheArcane197
2. “Down in the basement, but a plumber fixed it right up.” -sm1ttysm1t
3. “During sex.” -KateMadeAce
4. “Mine broke while I was standing outside waiting for a taxi to work.” -sayskindthings
5. “I was in an elevator with one of my supervisors after getting off work. It was the most awkward ride of my life.” -Kaiju_Beatdown
6. “So I was sleeping and had a dream where the baby’s foot just kicked out and, whoosh, water all over the bed. I woke up to a sea of water and it ruined the mattress.” -Notreallypolitical
7. “I had been having pre-labour for days and it was super annoying. It was 3 am and I couldnt sleep so I got up to get a book out of the closet. I stepped over one stack of books to get to the one that I wanted and it broke. All over my beloved books.” -Squirrelwinchester