On Sushmita Sen’s birthday, here’s a look at how the actress is setting parenting goals as a single mother.
Sushmita Sen’s adorable relationship with her daughters Renee and Alisah is not unknown to people. From the time the actress defied all norms by choosing to become a single mother at a very young age to the way she spends fun-time with her children, instances of which have flooded social media, is inspiring. On her 43rd birthday, let’s take a look at how the actress is setting parenting goals:
1. Sushmita Sen adopted her elder daughter Renee at the age of 25 after fighting all legal odds and societal prejudices, even when people around her advised her against it fearing it might ruin her career. Later, at 35, she adopted another girl child, Alisah.
2. Sushmita fought for nearly 10 years in court to adopt Alisah since it mandated the adoption of a son after a daughter, as revealed by the actress in an interview.
3. In the interview, the actress had also mentioned, “Being a single mother is not easy. It is very romantic but it’s not easy.” And yet, the actress continues to overcome all challenges and be the constant guiding light to her children.
4. A fitness enthusiast herself, Sushmita seems to have instilled the same passion for a fit and healthy lifestyle in her kids too, with the mother sometimes playing the role of an instructor too. And the numerous videos on social media of her children working out is proof.
5. Despite being exposed to the glitz and glamour of B-Town, the actress has ensured her daughters are grounded and do not compromise on their basic values and education. In an interview with Indian Express, Sushmita had said, “I will not encourage her to do anything in life that she doesn’t want to. But I just have one condition and that is she should complete her education before deciding what she wants to do.”
6. Juggling professional and personal life is not an easy task but the actress seems to have been able to strike a balance between the two. Even amidst her busy schedule, the hands-on mom does manage to spend enough quality time with her children. Take a look:
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines