The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan rose 0.26 percent.
* Asian stocks and the euro steadied on Friday,but were on course for a losing week as worries about weak corporate earnings and slowing global economic growth limit the appeal of riskier assets.
* Foreign investors bought 10.43 billion rupees of stocks on Thursday,when the BSE index rose 0.93 percent,provisional exchange data showed.
* Infosys,India’s no. 2 software services will report September quarter earnings. Infosys is expected to post a 24.9 percent rise in profit in the quarter ended Sept. 30 to 23.8 billion rupees ($453.59 million).
* HDFC Bank,India’s No. 3 lender,is expected to post a near 30 percent rise in net profit in the Sept quarter while asset quality is expected to be stable.
* Also on watch,India will unveil August factory data on Friday with a Reuters poll showing a modest 1.1 percent growth annually.