So Karan Johar had his hyped,birthday-cum wedding-cum-baby party last night. What does that mean,you ask. Well,a few days back he told my colleague and film writer Harneet Singh for an interview in the Express that since he hasn’t had a wedding or a baby so far,this would be his biggest celebration. “So far” we added.
He fussed about what he would wear and how his friends were losing their heads over what they would wear. It was a bow tie,red carpet event designed by Manish Malhotra and held at Mumbai’s Taj Land’s End.
“Vain” said someone I recently met in Pune. How I agree and that’s exactly why we love it too. Vanity and lust,they are pure. I respect them.
Before we judge Men (like KJo) Who Pause for vanity,give “rule-breaking tradition” a thought. That’s what KJo did last night. He had a 40th birthday party the size of a lavish wedding with the excitement of a baby. Why notttt?
Now,the fashion report card.
* MOST favourite dresser- Preity Zinta. 10 on 10 for her red gown,the bold neckline,the sensuous cleavage. Suzanne Roshan (in a boring if trendy animal print ensemble) and Hrithik looked their usual cool-vool selves but Preity looked Wow-Hot.
* WORST dresser: Rani Mukherjee. That marshmallow coloured nightie decimates her image. Please Rani,wear it at a Musoorie Hotel but only if you are travelling alone.
* BADHIYA Dressing: Malaika Arora,Sonakshi Sinha and Priyanka Chopra (did P.Chops and KJo bury their hatchet? Oops!)
* Critic’s choice: Sonakshi’s hair.
* Men Who Don’t Pause Special Mention: Aamir Feminist Khan. Kiran Rao’s powder blue sari? Nice,nothing more.
*KJo himself: Birthday suit ladies and gentlemen,why categorise and label it? Tom Ford or Varun Bahl. You care? I don’t.