Hedonism and Heart-breaks
Producers: Ramesh Sippy Entertainment
Director: Rohan Sippy
Screenplay: Shridhar Raghavan
Releasing On: April 22,2011
Goa is synonymous with beaches,parties and hippies. But,theres more to the state than just the cliches and director Rohan Sipppy plans to showcase the not-so-alluring side of Goa in Dum Maaro Dum.
The film takes you on a dramatic,thrilling trip filled with twists,turns and suspense. The story is about five people who meet in Goa,and how each of their lives change forever once they get involved with the drug mafia.
Lorry (Prateik),is a student whose life comes to a standstill after his aspirations to study abroad are stonewalled with his scholarship getting rejected.
DJ Joki (Rana Daggubati) is a carefree musician who drifts aimlessly through life after an encounter with the drug mafia that costs him everything that he had held dear. He bumps into Zoe (Bipasha Basu),an aspiring airhostess,and is smitten by her.
Lorsa Biscuta (Aditya Pancholi) is a ruthless local businessman,who has his finger in every legal and illegal pie in Goa.
The common link between the various mafias operating in state,Lorsa finds himself pushed to the extreme limit with ACP Vishnu Kamaths (Abhishek Bachchan) arrival.
Kamath is a self-destructive cop,who is fleeing his own past and is given the job of destroying the local and international drug mafia in Goa.
* Post Bluffmaster!,the dark,con comedy,director Rohan Sippy,chose to make the edgy thriller Dum Maaro Dum,as he wanted to experiment with something completely new.
* Vidya Balan has a cameo in the film.
* Dum Maaro Dum marks the Hindi debut of Telugu actor Rana Daggubati.
* Abhishek Bachchan had played a cop in films like Dhoom but,unlike earlier roles,his character in DMD has a shade of grey.
* Deepika Padukone has put in a special appearance in the film,dancing to a new version of the iconic Dum maro dum,that has been rechristened as Mit jaaye gham for the film.