BSE Sensex gains 0.19 percent and the broader NSE Nifty is up 0.27%, in a volatile session after four days of declines.
* Tata Steel Ltd shares rise 4 percent after its January-March quarterly operating profit beat analysts’ estimates.
* Larsen & Toubro Ltd climbs 3 percent as sell-off in the previous two sessions were seen as overdone. L&T shares slipped 12 percent in the last two sessions on lingering disappointment over its January-March profit and outlook.
* Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd falls 3 percent after its subsidiary Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd March-quarter results came below estimates.
* State Bank of India falls 1.6 percent adding to 7.9 percent fall on Thursday after posting its first quarterly net profit drop in two years and missing market estimates.
* Shares in Wockhardt Ltd down 9.7 percent after earlier falling as much as 19.3 percent,continuing to reel after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration imposed an “import alert” on a plant operated by the generic drugmaker.
* The slowing pace of foreign investors buying is also worrying investors.