scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Thursday, May 26, 2022

Affected by polio,child dies in Latur

A 10-month-old boy,found infected with the vaccine-derived polio virus,died

Written by Press Trust Of India | Beed,maharashtra |
June 24, 2013 1:28:40 am

A 10-month-old boy,found infected with the vaccine-derived polio virus,died in Latur district civil hospital due to brain damage,a doctor at the hospital said. Rohit Rajabhu Shelke was found to be infected with VDPV type 2.

The child was diagnosed with fever on April 27,2013,and suffered paralysis of left limbs on May 4,followed by convulsions. The other limbs were eventually paralysed,after which he was admitted to a private hospital in Ambejogai. On May 9,he was shifted to the Latur Government Medical College.

Latur district civil hospital’s medical officer Dr S J Gore said the exact cause of the death could only be known after the postmortem report arrived.

There was a gap of seven months between the first and the second polio doses administered to the child,instead of the ideal period of a month,medical sources said.

Best of Express Premium

Explained: The message behind Margaret Atwood’s ‘unburnable&#...Premium
Welcome to the elusive world of crypto mining: Rohtak rig, 3 engineers, R...Premium
Explained: Sugar export curbs and their impactPremium
UPSC CSE Key – May 25, 2022: Know the Relevance of QUAD 2022 to Pangong T...Premium

For all the latest News Archive News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement