UK police launch massive search for missing Indian boyhttps://indianexpress.com/article/news-archive/print/uk-police-launch-massive-search-for-missing-indian-boy/

UK police launch massive search for missing Indian boy

The search for a 15-year-old Indian schoolboy,who went missing earlier this month in Britain's Reading town,has been stepped up by the police,termed as the largest ever operation in the city.

The search for a 15-year-old Indian schoolboy,who went missing earlier this month in Britain’s Reading town,has been stepped up by the police,termed as the largest ever operation in the city.

Jonathan Marques from Goa,who disappeared on January 6 on his way to his Blessed Hugh Faringdon School in the town,moved to UK three years ago with his parents and was reportedly keen to return to India.

The local police have alerted police forces across Britain and coordinating search operations.

Amidst a public campaign and prayers by the Goan community in London,Reading and elsewhere for his safety,police officers are ‘pulling out all stops’ to find Marques,who moved to Britain three years ago from Goa with his parents.

Advertising

“All police forces across the country along with the Missing Persons Bureau have been made aware of Jonathan. The support from the community has been great and I can reassure people that we are pulling out all the stops as we try and find Jonathan,” the search operation’s head,Detective Chief Inspector Stan Gilmour,said.

It was the largest-scale missing person investigation in Reading,he said.

His father,Menino Marques,said,”We have no clue at all where he is. God alone knows where he is. The family are worried about Jonathan.

“If Jonathan is anywhere or somebody is taking care of him just release him from your hands and take him home because his mum,daddy,sisters,brother,all the family are looking for him.”