After the much-hyped auction of several top Indian and foreign players just two-weeks back,the Premier League Soccer (PLS) seems to have run into rough weather.
The cash-rich league,claimed to rival crickets Indian Premier League (IPL),has been postponed,with no fresh dates decided so far. Indian Football Association secretary Utpal Ganguly said the decision was taken due to non-availability of grounds to hold the league. The PLS was scheduled to kick off on March 24.
The tournament is being deferred. This new dates would be announced soon, was all Ganguly said.
State sports minister Madan Mitra had earlier said that the grounds,which belong to the government,will not be made available as the Celebrity Management Group (CMG),co-hosts of the event,are yet to seek a formal approval for the same. Six teams from different districts in Bengal were scheduled to play in the event that claimed participation from the likes of Fabio Cannavaro,Robert Pires,Hernan Crespo and Robbie Fowler.