Follow Us:
Saturday, July 21, 2018

Please get me out of here: Sreesanth to friend

This has been a difficult time for Sreesanth and all of those who are close to him,says Jayan.

Written by Nihal Koshie | New Delhi | Published: June 11, 2013 2:33:24 am

At 7 pm on Tuesday,Santhakumaran Sreesanth,in judicial custody in Tihar jail,called his close friend Jayan Thekkedath,who was watching the progress of his bail application at the Saket court. Restless upon hearing no news about the outcome of the day’s hearing,which normally would have ended a couple of hours earlier,Sreesanth dialled Jayan hoping that his long-time friend would have an update.

When Jayan informed him that the hearing was still on,Sreesanth told him that he would call back in half an hour.

When the phone rang the second time,Jayan broke the news to Sreesanth that the additional sessions judge had granted him bail. “The first thing he told me was ‘thank god’. And then he said ‘please come and get me out of here at the earliest’,” Jayan said.

Initially,Sreesanth’s friends,who have camped in New Delhi since his arrest last month,were to accompany the medium pacer to Vaishno Devi temple in Jammu and Kashmir but they are now first planning to take Sreesanth to Kochi,his hometown.

“His father has not been keeping well since the spot-fixing scandal broke. So now Sreesanth will travel home to meet his parents. This has been a difficult time for Sreesanth and all of those who are close to him. The granting of the bail has come as a relief,” Jayan said.

ankeet’s unfinished rituals

Over the past five days,Anil Chavan has been trying to console his family back home in Dadar,Mumbai,by telling them that his son Ankeet would soon be out on bail.

Anil,who has dabbled in running academic coaching classes and a marble retail business,accompanied Ankeet to Delhi on June 6,four days after he got married to Neha Sambari,when the interim bail granted for the wedding expired.

“It has been a difficult period for the entire family but I am glad that tomorrow I can take Ankeet back home. His wife is waiting for him to return. There was no time after the wedding nor any peace because we knew Ankeet had to return to Delhi. We couldn’t even complete all the post-wedding rituals. Now the priority is to ensure that all these rituals are completed and Ankeet and the family spend some time together,” Anil said.

The left-arm spinner’s uncle Nilesh Vora recalled how Ankeet was shocked when he heard that he was charged under MCOCA just two days after he got married. “I think Ankeet was happy only for two days – the eve of his wedding and the day of the wedding. After that he was worried about what his fate would be when he returned to Delhi. Now,we want to see him smile again,” Vora said.

For all the latest News Archive News, download Indian Express App