scorecardresearch
Tuesday, Dec 06, 2022
Premium

Modasa blast: Police give clean chit to Sadhvi, others

Giving a clean chit to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and others arrested in connection with the September 29 Malegaon blast...

Sabarkantha police team meets Mumbai police; says interrogation is still on but it is too early to reach any conclusion

Giving a clean chit to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and others arrested in connection with the September 29 Malegaon blast, the Gujarat Police on Friday said that none of them were involved in the similar blast that claimed one life in Modasa the same day.

Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sabarkantha, K K Mysorewala, who is heading the Modasa blast case, said, “We have interrogated all the five who are currently in the custody of Mumbai police in connection with the Malegaon blast. None of them, however, are involved in the Modasa blast.”

Mysorewala along with four other personnel of the Sabarkantha district police were in Mumbai on Friday for investigations in the case.

Subscriber Only Stories
How a private firm came to be at the centre of Bengaluru data theft casePremium
Amid show of unity, signs of discord dot Rahul yatra route in RajasthanPremium
India’s G20 Presidency: Championing the Global SouthPremium
Delhi Confidential: When PM Modi asked Andhra CM Jagan about the detentio...Premium

The team headed by Sabarkantha Superintendent of Police R B Brahmbhatt held discussions with their Mumbai counterparts earlier in the morning.

When asked whether the Mumbai police had claimed to have cracked the Malegaon as well as Modasa blast cases after the arrest of Sadhvi and others, Mysorewala said: “Nothing of this kind was ever communicated to us. The Mumbai police may have enough evidence to link these persons with the Malegaon blast.”

Brahmbhatt, however, said that interrogation is still going on and it is too early to reach any conclusion.

Advertisement

The Sabarkantha police have so far questioned over 500 people, including members of saffron outfits like Vishwa Hindu Parishad, Bajrang Dal, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Akhil Bharthiya Vidyarthi Parishad.

Bombs went off in the Muslim-dominated areas of Modasa in Gujarat and Malegaon in Maharashtra around same time on September 29. A 15-year-old boy had died and several others were injured in Modasa.

First published on: 01-11-2008 at 01:17:12 am
Next Story

Collector wants more staff for CFC, sends proposal to state govt

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
close