November 28, 2008 2:03:04 am
Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
Gautam Adani, Chairman, Adani Group
* Was having dinner at the Chambers’ – a restaurant on Taj first floor – last evening. He was rescued at 9 am today.
Ravi Kant, MD, Tata Motors
* Unconfirmed reports say he was in a meet with the Korean delegation to discuss commercial vehicles, was rescued at 5 am.
RK Krishna Kumar, MD, Taj Group of Hotels
* Safely evacuated.
The Oberoi Trident
James Turley, Global Chairman & CEO, Ernst & Young
* He checked out of Trident at 1 pm last afternoon to be there for the E&Y Entrepreneurs Awards at Taj Lands End
Vinod Garg, Director, Ispat Industries
* On a dinner outing with wife and friends, was rescued at 4 pm today.
Madhavi Puri Buch, Executive Director, ICICI Bank
* She was at Oberoi along with her husband Dhaval Buch, a director at Hindustan Unilever Ltd. She was rescued at 4 am today.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd Board
Patrick Cescau, Group CEO, Unilever
Paul Polman, CEO-elect, Unilever
Harish Manwani, Chairman, HUL
Nitin Paranjpe, CEO, HUL
Dhaval Buch, Director, HUL
* The Unilever management were huddled in a board meet, finally evacuated at 4 pm today.
PRS Oberoi, chairman, Oberoi Group, was just about to talk to the media at about 10 pm after collecting the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Lifetime Achievement) Award at Taj Lands End on Wednesday where about 50 top CEOs had gathered. He must have perhaps expected a congratulatory call but, unfortunately, it was a call from his office about the terror attack at Trident on Nariman Point, about 18 km away. Extremely disturbed, he left the venue in a hurry.
But then, there were many other corporate heads stuck at Taj Mahal Palace and Trident, facing an ordeal, which for some lasted a full 24 hours before they were rescued.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.